In 1929, when Miquel and Celestina got married the familiar boardinghouse “Cal Miquel” already existed in Escaldes-Engordany.
In those times people used to work in agriculture and green color of fields was omnipresent around the valleys of Andorra. Along the years, tourism started growing and the country developed quickly.
The name “Cal Miquel” was changed to “Cal Espel” not to lose family name through generations, and as tourism, the hotel grew progressively. Now a days, we keep on with our family tradition working and taking care of hosts the best we can in the Hotel Espel.